APT Core Group Training
Recognized by the IEDTA and American Psychological Association.
(Accepting applications for 2013)
- Mar 16-18, 2013
- June 1-3, 2013
- Aug 31-Sep 2, 2013
- Nov 23-25, 2013
- To register, please contact edt-uk.com
- Each block of training includes 50% theoretical and clinical instruction (role-play, research and observing video taped therapy sessions) and 50% supervision. Kristin Osborn will lead three of the weekend workshops. Pal Ulvenes, APT supervisor and trainer, or a guest master therapist will lead the fourth weekend.
- The course complies with the IEDTA requirements for advanced training and is sponsored by the APA, and emphasizes experiential, hands-on learning.
- Useful sources of further information are at www.affectphobia.org, www.iedta.net, and www.edt-uk.com.
- COURSE FORMAT AND PROGRAM
The course is taught over four, three day weekends between January and November.
- Dates for the courses starting in January 2013 have yet to be confirmed.
- Trainees receive an APT certificate upon completion of the three year core group training. It is not necessary to commit to the full three years of the training.
- FEES and PAYMENT
Core training is expected to be approximately £2000 payable in four
installments across the year.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM
Students will learn how to identify Affect Pobias (i.e. psycho dynamic conflicts), how to use
Malan’s triangle of conflict and triangle of person, how to
differentiate between adaptive and maladaptive feelings, how to create a
core conflict formulation in collaboration with the patient, and how to
regulate anxiety and confront defenses. As these objectives are mastered
more advanced elements of the model will be introduced (Further details
of the learning objectives are provided in the ‘therapist developmental
guidelines’ at the end of this document). Research is an integral part
of this program and students are trained to use the Achievement of
Therapeutic Objectives Scale (ATOS) in order to code their own therapy
sessions and master therapist sessions. Students are required to
videotape and present their own work for supervision.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS and APPLICATION
Motivation for working with an Experiential-Dynamic approach and video recording psychotherapy sessions
are the basic requirements: to apply please enclose a CV and statement
of interest to email@example.com